Sunday, May 8, 2016

My thoughts after reading volume 1 of Irohazaka Agatte Sugu series.

Well, today, I had some freetime, so as I said yesterday, I spent it on reading the volume 1 of Irohazaka Agatte Sugu series.

This series was drawn at the same time Yuto drew Sis Plus. I was really surprised that she could draw 2 series concurrently.


While Sis Plus is a hilarious manga that contains a lot of crazy things that can make you laugh-out-loud, Irohazaka Agatte Sugu is not a manga like that. Its stories are very simple, yet warm, cute and innocent. I think, at least, to me, it is very suitable for people who need stuff that can soothe their broken hearts.

About the characterization in this series, I would say, Yuto did it very well. I especially like Tsukino. Her personality is far better than Cocoa (Sis Plus) or Akari (Princess Biyori). She is not too shy, like Akari, and also not too stupid, like Cocoa. On top of that, she is calm, nice and diligent. Also, her appearance looks good, or even I should say, elegant, graceful. Combined with her personality, she is literally a "Nadeshiko" woman, a type of woman that I've been longing for. 

Shizuku (Main character) and Shota (Tsukino's younger brother) are also well characterized. I like the way Shota acts when he sees Shizuku being naked. Boys should try to stay unseduced in every situation, right?

And, in this series, we will meet Tsuchida Naozumi (From Hanamaru Yochien) again in chapter 5. I think through this chapter, we will be able to understand more about how well the relationship between Naozumi and Nanako is. Hanamaru Youchien’s ending was not really clear about this though.


 But still, I think this series, (and also Sis Plus, Ushiro no Gosenzo-sama, or Princess Biyori) still can't match the superiority of Hanamaru Youchien. Irohazaka Agatte Sugu series is sometime boring. Sis Plus is good from chapter 1-20, but after that, I find there are many problems with it. Ushiro no Gosenzo-sama is not really good at all. Princess Biyori seems good at the beginning, but I don't really sure what it will become in the future. I don't really like magical girl genre, but that is what Princess Biyori is about.

 After all, this is quite a short series, with only 3 volumes. I think I will read the other volumes later. Yuto’s works are always decent, at least, to me. I also hope that there will be someone generous enough to scan volume 1 of Princess Biyori for me, as I just have the raw of the first 4 chapters. About Sis Plus, I guess I have no choice but to spend my money to purchase it.

1 comment: